Why do we do this?
At Kindred Farm, we believe in the transformative powers of the human-animal bond. A bond so powerful it has the potential to heal physical and emotional pain. We know that when humans and animals have the opportunity to be together in a safe place, sharing love and kindness, the healing powers of that special bond occur.
Many studies have been done on the impact of this bond, but that’s not the only reason we believe it. We believe it because we see it for ourselves every day. We watch as children, adults, and animals overcome their trauma, rebuild trust, make friendships, connect with nature and learn how to love themselves, and others, again.
And through this healing, we see the happiness that results. Happiness that spreads well beyond our farm—and out to the world. That’s our impact.
Our core values are rooted throughout our organization, from our leadership and board to our volunteers and donors. We have an ever-growing flock of friends that share our values and passion for growing Kindred.
- We’re never afraid of taking on new challenges to help animals and people.
- We focus on healing hearts—one person and one animal at a time.
- We create a humane, compassionate and safe environment.
- We tread lightly on the earth.
- We push for positive change in times when the positives seem hard to find.
- We promote and operate with kindness first.
- We practice inclusivity and interspecies friendships.
- We support our community in every way possible.
- We are always honest and transparent, even when it’s tough to say.
- We work our butts, and boots, off.
Each day we wake up with the goal to bring more people and animals together to heal from their traumas—on our farm. Together we can make an even bigger impact. Would you like to get involved?